[portland] Planning for the August Meeting

Ron Jackson Ron at FascinatingElectronics.com
Wed Aug 1 02:32:34 CEST 2007

I don't know if this would be of use to anyone else, but I'd like to get some
feedback on a couple of short Python programs I'm writing. One is a subclass of
PySerial which adds a few methods to support the RC Servo hardware I
demonstrated last meeting. The other program exercises the RC servos while
displaying servo status and sensor information. I'd like these programs to look
good to experienced Python programmers, as I plan to submit them with an article
I'm writing.

Is this something that would be appropriate at a meeting, posted to this mailing
list for comment, or is there a different Python forum for this sort of thing?

I'd be interested in seeing talks on distribution tools, WxPython and the most
Pythonic way to do multithreading.

Anyplace that I can get my monthly glass of Hefeweizen is fine with me for the
aftermeeting.

   -- Ron

Adam Lowry wrote:
> On Tue, July 31, 2007 3:47 pm, jason kirtland wrote:
>

>>I can also share my experimental 5 minute "new features in Python
>>2.5 / beginning Python" talk that I kept in reserve at the July
>>meeting.  It's an attempt to appeal to both those just starting out
>>and advanced users.  Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't.
>

> I wonder, do any of the group members who are newer to Python have
> anything they've been wondering about? Something they've seen but aren't
> quite comfortable with? List comprehensions, subprocess module, generators
> or anything like that?
>

>>adjournment.  If anyone wants to join me for a little
>>between-meeting Pythonic outing just let me know.
>

> I'm up for that. It's near work, so most days happy-hour ish would be fine.
>
> Adam

Website:  http://www.FascinatingElectronics.com
Fascinating Electronics Inc, 925 SW 83 Avenue, Portland, OR 97225-6307
Toll Free: 800.683.5487    Direct Dial: 503.296.8579