[portland] Sorting A List of Tuples

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Nov 8 18:25:55 CET 2007

   All the information I find on sorting lists assumes the list has only a
single value to be sorted. What to do with multiple values when the sort is
on the second or third item and all must be kept together?

   I have lists of tuples which I'd like to sort on the second item while
retaining the relationships among the item pairs.

   Could I do
 	terms.sort([][1])
?

   A pointer to a reference would be fine.