[portland] Planning for October Meeting / Python Release Party!

Igal Koshevoy igal at pragmaticraft.com
Wed Sep 17 02:18:46 CEST 2008

Joshua Drake wrote:
> Traditionally we have a party Saturday night right after the
> conference, so around 6-6:30. Last year we charged a 10.00 door fee for
> those who wanted to come but didn't necessarily want to go to the
> conference (and husbands/wives etc...).
>
> The party at this time is set to be at the Paramount Hotel/Dragon
> Fish cafe. Last year we had about 40 people (the conference was
> bigger). It was a blast. Of course the more people we can get to come
> to the conference the better.
>
> It would be easy enough to just have badges you get when you go to the
> conference. If you don't have a badge, cough up 10 bucks? Does that
> seem reasonable?
Thank you for making this offer, your solution sounds simple and
reasonable.

So how about the Pythoneers join the PostgreSQL conference party to
celebrate, then a couple days later at the October meeting, spend some
time reviewing the changes in these new releases at CubeSpace, and then
probably celebrate a bit more?

Jason, everyone else ... your thoughts?

-igal