[portland] PDX Python: Tonight, 6:30pm @ Webtrends

michelle rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Tue Feb 9 22:01:24 CET 2010

Hey Pythoneers,

The second Tuesday of the month is here... and you know what that
means: The mystical, magical PDX Python Oracle has declared that it is
time again for another user group meeting! Same time, same place:
6:30pm at Webtrends.

What's on for tonight? First, Michel P. will himself do Michel's
Monthly Module, dateutil! Following the Monthly Module, we have some
talks on cool and helpful hacking tools. Chris Pitzer has two toolsets
to share: "I Hate Passwords": ssh-copy-id, ssh config, and managing
multiple keys, and "Play Nice": virtualenv, pip, ipython, with a
special guest appearance from ipdb. Then, Chris McDonald will give us
a tour of bpython, an ipython replacement, including its integration
with Django and virtualenv.

If you've got a cool tool you'd like to share, bring a 5-minute
lightning talk (even if your name isn't Chris), or even just a few
helpful tips! After the meeting, the discussion will continue at a TBD
location (but probably Bailey's Taproom).

Details:

Wait, when: 6:30 - 8:30(ish) PM, tonight!

Okay... where: Webtrends
851 SW 6th Ave.
Suite 1600
Portland, OR 97204

Note: The Webtrends building is locked after 6:00pm, but there will be
a guard in the lobby to let us in the door and activate the elevator
to get us upstairs. Just let them know you're with the Python group.

All are welcome, so please join us!

See you tonight,
Michelle