[PSF-Volunteers] Better fund raising for the PSF

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Wed Oct 5 23:27:35 CEST 2005

Well, it would be a range of tasks, but overall it's ill-defined
enough that initially it means joining the PSC, engaging in
discussion, and going from there.

But if you want specific tasks they would be things like:

* Writing up a newsletter monthly and distributing it
* Writing the code and setting up infrastructure needed
  for billing recurring donors (they give credit card that
  gets billed monthly; most of this is supported by the
  credit card processor, but some work is needed as well)
* Identifying potential corporate donors and pursuing them
  (probably after the PSF comes up with a better channel
  for corporate donors that doesn't automatically make them
  all into voting members; this is where I was talking about
  recommending changes to the board)

Hope that helps... I recognize that we're a community that doesn't
really have much experience with these kinds of things (I certainly
don't) but hope there is interest in learning with the motivation that
a well-funded PSF could do quite a bit for the Python community.

Thanks,

- Stephan