[Pycon-volunteers] green room staff needs?

Julia Duimovich duimovich.julia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:20:26 EDT 2018

Hi Rami,

Added our newest co-chair Markus to this thread as well. Markus- Rami is
the overall volunteer coordinator.

In past years we've had 3 slots work out nicely for us, with the caveat
that generally coverage for the third slot can be spotty and that's ok.

This year since we have 3 co-chairs we should be fine even if we can't fill
column 3.

Green room description could read:

Green room staff help the Session Staff Chairs coordinate keeping the talks
> on schedule.
> They check in volunteers & speakers, keep an eye on the clock, use a
> walkie-talkie, and reassure speakers before their talk.

One other note while you're changing the page/spreadsheet - could you
change the description for the Session runner job to:

A Session Runner accompanies the speaker from the Speakers Lounge to the
> appropriate stage. They help in any way needed to make the session run
> smoothly. No running required.

I noticed that we have a lot more session chairs than runners so I am
hoping a more accesible description could help with that.

Thanks for checking in,

Julia