[Pydotorg-redesign] Logo question

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Fri Jul 25 12:58:18 EDT 2003

Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> Walter Dörwald writes:
>  > What I would really like to see is a www.python.org that is valid
>  > XHTML instead of the HTML we have now. Any change that we could work
>  > on that?
>
> Lots of us would like to see that, I think.
>
> We could certainly make sure the templates use XHTML properly; the
> "hard" part is the content currently in .ht files.

That's no problem. I already have versions of the .ht files converted
to XHTML (or at least parsable XML fragments.) Of course those should
be checked thoroughly, because changes practically every line in
every file.

> Those need to be
> checked and fixed, and there are many that will need a fair bit of
> work (I'm sure HTML Tidy could be leveraged to help).
 >
> That's also something that can be worked on incrementally by anyone
> with CVS access to the content.  I don't remember if that includes
> you; if not, we can probably arrange it to happen.  ;-)

That would be good.

BTW, is there any other infrastructure in place? E.g. a checkin
malinglist or a bugtracker?

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald