[Pydotorg-redesign] how to search the site

Tim Parkin tim.parkin at pollenationinternet.com
Tue Sep 16 14:41:17 EDT 2003

Skip wrote:
>I'm not sure what you mean by "takes up a lot of room".  We're
interested in
>searching python.org, right?  There's no obligation to display a Google
>graphic as far as I know,

>From Googles terms and conditions

>Personal Use Only
>The Google Services are made available for your personal,
>non-commercial use only. You may not use the Google Services
>to sell a product or service, or to increase traffic to your
>Web site for commercial reasons, such as advertising sales.
>You may not take the results from a Google search and reformat
>and display them, or mirror the Google home page or results
>pages on your Web site. You may not "meta-search" Google.
>If you want to make commercial use of the Google Services,
>you must enter into an agreement with Google to do so in
>advance. Please contact us for more information.
>
>If you are interested in adding a Google search box to
>your web site or your company's web site, we encourage
>you to do so

The last is a link to the google free search service, this
is the service that can be used for free and the one from
which I quickly (todd :-) drew up the screenshot.

Google are very hard on unauthorised us of their service
even down to removing the offending site from their indexes.

Of course someone may have friends in high places...

Tim