[pydotorg-www] python.org ecosytem

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Apr 23 21:50:02 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 8:42 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug.hellmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2010, at 4:26 PM, Richard Leland wrote:
>
> Hi all - one of the research points I've got to hit is getting a master list
> of all the sites within the python.org ecosystem and the technology behind
> them. Below is what I've got so far - if you could take a look and help me
> fill in the missing pieces I'd appreciate it!
> - python.org (static files w/build system)
> - docs.python.org (sphinx documentation)
> - wiki.python.org (moinmoin)
> - bugs.python.org (roundup)
> - planet.python.org
> - svn.python.org
> - pypi.python.org
> - pycon.org
> - pyfound.blogspot.com (blogger)
>
> http://pycon.blogspot.com/ is a blog for announcements from PyCon(s).
> http://pycon.blip.tv/ has the PyCon videos.  They also show up
> at http://python.mirocommunity.org/, but I don't know how that happens.

python.mirocommunity.org is the effort of Will Kahn-Greene and a few
other maintainers.  The site snarfs up rss feeds from various sources,
videos get reviewed for appropriateness and tagging by a handful of
moderators.   I am one of them, but so far have not done anything.  I
wouldn't be surprised if Will has done 100% of the work.  I know he
has indexed some of the PyCon lighting talks, which is fantastic.

--
Carl K