[pydotorg-www] International Symbol - request for addition

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sun Apr 25 02:50:41 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:07:06PM -0600, Carl Trachte wrote:
> I am writing to request the addition of the attached jpg with a link
> to the Python Wiki's Languages page to the python.org homepage.

It's easily done, but I'm not sure where to put the graphic.

Here's a draft that adds it in two places, to both the left and right
sidebars.

http://www.amk.ca/files/python/world.html

The left-side problem: that portion of the page template is from the
standard site template, so adding the graphic there will put it on
every single page.

The right-side problem: that side is already very full; where do we
want to put the graphic?  I've put it below the house ad but above the
'so-and-so uses Python'.  If it goes below the 'Using Python for...' box,
the graphic will be hard to notice.

Proposal: maybe we should just drop the 'Using Python for' box
completely?  Or maybe it's OK to put the world map on every single
page, on the left-hand side?

--amk