[pydotorg-www] Truncating Moin log files

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Aug 12 01:10:01 CEST 2010

Am 12.08.2010 01:08, schrieb Paul Boddie:
> On Wednesday 11 August 2010 23:52:52 Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> I just rotated event-log and edit-log of the main instance;
>> event-log had grown to 2.5GB. When it was previously rotated
>> (about a year ago), it had 2.3GB.
>>
>> AFAIK, these log files are only consulted for management pages.
>> If anybody needs data in them, or thinks I should prepend some
>> tail of the old data to the new file, please let me know.
>>
>> One consequence is that the RecentChanges file is empty at
>> the moment.
>
> The following page may have some relevant recommendations:
>
> http://moinmo.in/HowTo/Tune%20Performance

I've seen that - but it didn't really translate into actionable
recommendations for me.

In any case, any costly operations based on these log files
should now be cheap, now that the log files are empty.

So I rather wonder whether there is any significant loss
of functionality. If the recommendation would have been
to restrict access to that functionality, anyway, I guess
the answer is "no".

Regards,
Martin