[pydotorg-www] [PSF-Board] SciPy India Conference Grant - PSF Board Resolution Notification

Michael Foord mfoord at python.org
Mon Dec 6 03:03:52 CET 2010

Hello Steve,

This seems to have slipped through the net. How about this for a news item:

The PSF is pleased to announce that it is provide a $1250 US grant to
help fund sprints at the 2010 SciPy India conference to be held in
Hyderabad between December 13th to the 18th. This year SciPy India has
over 20 scheduled talks and 30 talks in total which is a 300% increase
on last year.

Michael Foord

On 23/11/2010 03:38, Steve Holden wrote:
> Prabhu:
>
> I am copying this mail to the web editors list, so that should take care
> of the news item. I am also copying it to Doug Hellmann. Expect to be
> contacted by a member of the blogging team in due course.
>
> regards
>   Steve
>
> On 11/22/2010 12:12 PM, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>> Dear Pat and the PSF board,
>>
>> Thank you very much for your generous sponsorship!  I will send the
>> invoice in a couple of days.  A news item and blog post would be great
>> and I will get back on these in a couple of days.  The technical program
>> of the conference is finalized and this year we have over 20 scheduled
>> talks and 30 talks in total which is a whopping 300% increase since last
>> year.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Prabhu
>>
>> On Wednesday 17 November 2010 02:12 AM, Pat Campbell wrote:
>>> Hi Prabhu Ramachandran:
>>> This email notification is being sent to you to inform you of the PSF
>>> Board’s decision to provide funding in the amount of USD 1250 for your
>>> 2010 SciPy India Conference to be held in Hyderabad between December
>>> 13th to the 18th. Please see the following board resolution that was
>>> voted on and passed on November 15, 2010 below:
>>>
>>> RESOLVED, that the PSF provide a $1250 US grant to help fund sprints at
>>> the 2010 SciPy India conference to be held in Hyderabad between December
>>> 13th to the 18th.
>>>
>>> Also, please send an invoice to our Treasurer, Kurt Kaiser, at
>>> kbk at shore.net  <mailto:kbk at shore.net>.
>>>
>>> If you would like a news item on the python.org<http://python.org/>
>>> home page or perhaps a blog entry somewhere, please mail your request to
>>> pydotorg at python.org  <mailto:pydotorg at python.org>.
>>>
>>> Wishing you much success with SciPy India 2010,
>>>
>>> Pat Campbell, Secretary
>>>
>>> Python Software Foundation
>>>

>>> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Prabhu Ramachandran
>>> <prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in  <mailto:prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in>>  wrote:
>>>
>>>      Dear PSF members,
>>>
>>>      As you know, the SciPy community is a well-established,
>>>      international, and growing group of scientists, engineers,
>>>      mathematicians, and software developers who use Python for
>>>      scientific computing.  Our community has formed around various
>>>      software packages including numpy, scipy, and matplotlib.  In
>>>      addition to these software libraries, our community has also grown
>>>      as a result of several annual conferences.  The first annual SciPy
>>>      conference in the US was held in 2002.  More recently, annual SciPy
>>>      conferences have started in both Europe and India. The first annual
>>>      SciPy India conference was held last year in Kerala (http://scipy.in
>>>      <http://scipy.in/>).
>>>
>>>      This year's SciPy India conference will be held in Hyderabad between
>>>      December 13th to the 18th.  The conference consists of two days of
> [...]

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.