[pydotorg-www] Removing /moin/ suffix from wiki.python.org (Was: Internal Server Error while reverting spam)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Dec 19 23:41:14 CET 2011

> That's not a problem, I can match both on the domain and on the prefix
> -- and I can treat no prefix as yet another match for the prefix.
> So, wiki.python.org would lead to the python wiki, wiki.jython.org to
> the jython wiki, etc. plus there would be redirects from
> wiki.python.org/moin/* and wiki.python.org/jython/*.

I think what MAL is saying is that you cannot have wiki.python.org/psf
point to one wiki, and wiki.python.org/ point to another one. If you
could, it would be ambiguous if wiki.python.org/psf/BoardAgenda
is a page in the PSF wiki, or in the Python Wiki.

I'm not sure whether URL stability has been discussed yet in this
thread: it's absolutely necessary that the existing URLs continue
to work "forever", since people are linking to them. Making them
redirect would be an option if implementable.

Regards,
Martin