[pydotorg-www] Wiki Spam and Maintenance

M.-A. Lemburg mal at python.org
Tue Sep 3 14:03:39 CEST 2013

Hi Paul,

I can understand your frustration. I've just removed several spam
pages and blocked spam user accounts in both the Python and Jython
wikis.

I also removed some of the too easy to guess textcha questions.

For the Jython wiki, I think we should consider turning off editing
for new users. There simply aren't enough edits from real users
(perhaps 1 or 2 a month).

For the Python wiki, the textchas still appear to work reasonably
well.

Marc-Andre Lemburg
Director
Python Software Foundation