[Pygui] PyGUI and Gtk+ 3

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Mar 12 12:35:44 CET 2012

Michael Thayer wrote:
> Your website briefly mentions stability problems with Gtk+ 3 and its
> libraries with regard to introspection as a reason for not yet
> supporting them in PyGUI.  Are more pointers to information about this
> available, or would you be able to tell me a little more about it?

I submitted a couple of bug reports to the gtk3 project concerning
missing gobject-introspection annotations; I don't know whether
anything has been done about them yet.

I was also having trouble with fonts -- setting the font property
of a widget didn't seem to make any difference to it. Plus a few
other things that didn't seem to work as advertised -- I can't
remember all the details at the moment. At that point I basically
gave up and decided to let it mature for a while before having
another go.

--
Greg