[Pygui] Windows not being refreshed

jkamph at juno.com jkamph at juno.com
Tue Mar 27 07:46:00 CEST 2012

Greg -  Thanks for the response. Initially, I had everything subclassed (MyApp( Application ) creating MyWindow( Window ) containing a provided Frame containing a MyFrame( Frame ) containing a provided Grid. As an experiment, I changed things so that each class just creates one of the built-in object and provides a method for retrieving the built in Window/Frame. I left MyApp as a subclass of Application so that I would still have someone able to handle button events. However, I'm still seeing the same behavior when I scroll through the list, namely, not having anything removed from the display when something new is supposed to be drawn on it. I feel as though I'm completely missing something fundamental. With this sort of setup, when I click to scroll down, am I expected to have an overridden method that will be invoked? At what level will one of my object be called first? What am I expected to do with that call? I've tried creating a draw method (that is invoked when I try to scroll), but I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I'm supposed to do with the provided canvas and rectangle.  Any help or pointing to the pertinent documentation is appreciated. Thanks in advance. jason