[pypy-dev] Re: from private mail out of discussion on building a communitypythion website

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien at orbtech.com
Thu Nov 20 23:40:32 CET 2003

Tim Parkin <tim at pollenation.net> writes:

> I quite like
>
> pyrite

I like it too, but we'd face competition:

http://www.pyrite.org/

> or
>
> pyurest

Yuck!  How do you even pronounce it?  :-)

> headrest keeps appearing at the back of my mind too....

Hmm.  How about "sleepy" -- just kidding.

> Restify sounds like a sort of wysywig front end to rest (which we
> have been thinking of doing also), as it's in use at the moment as a
> verb (google shows a few results).

It could mean just about anything.

> At the end of the day I don't mind as long as it's descriptive. What
> is it it's going to do anyway (whats it's 'USP' for want of a better
> acronym)

I don't really care about the name either.  I'll be happy with
whatever the majority wants.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien