[pypy-dev] Re: pypy vs parrotbench

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Jul 21 13:19:58 CEST 2004

Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net> writes:

> I've tried running the parrotbench code with pypy and (eventually :-)
> got this far:
>
> b0 -- after 52 minutes:
>       OverflowError: long int too large to convert to int

I think I've fixed the immediate bug, but I haven't rerun this yet.

> b1 -- infinite recursion

Which makes sense when you actually look at b1.py... not sure what to
do about this.

> b2 -- passes
> b3 -- failed, after an hour with "(application-level) AttributeError: __cmp__"
Still no clue.

> b4 -- ENO__subclasses__

How do we implement weakrefs? :-)

> b5 --

Fails because unicde integration is basically non-existent (try u'' ==
'').

> b6 --

Looks like it should work, but ran my machine out of memory...

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Never meddle in the affairs of NT. It is slow to boot and quick to
  crash.                                             -- Stephen Harris