[pypy-dev] Hi, I'm new here

Beatrice During bea at netg.se
Thu Oct 6 22:30:13 CEST 2005

Hi there

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Paul deGrandis wrote:

> All,
>
> Hi everyone, I'm Paul deGrandis, and I just joined the list.  I plan on
> actively developing on the project and helping out anyway I can.

Welcome to the wonderful world of PyPy ;-) Your contribution and interest
is most welcome!

> Let me tell you a little about myself:
>
> I'm twenty years old and currently working my way through BS/MS dual
> degree in Software Engineering at Drexel University.  I'm also a
> reasearcher and developer on the DARPA SAPIENT project.  I have worked
> on numerous other open source project, but took a short break from FOSS
> software while I focused more on school and work.  I'm ready to start
> working on another project now and am extremely excited about PyPy.
>
> If you would like to see an updated resume or anything, ask, I'll be
> happy to send one.

No need - but please tell us a bit more about your Python experience and
also if there is anything specific aspect of the PyPy challenges you are
extra interested in.

The project you mentioned looked very interesting! Any technical
challenges from that one that you think PyPy can benefit from?

> I plan on working on some of the issues reported on the Issues section,
> but if anyone on the development team wants me to work on something
> specific, please email me.

Please read through the documentation - hopefully that will make your
start easier, also see the svn section. Holger will get your commitrights
up and running soon I hope.

We are a bit focused on the upcoming sprint in Paris. We will try to
answer questions here or on #pypy-dev (or #pypy) on irc.freenode.net
during the sprint but things might get hectic during the next week. We
might not be very active on our regular communication channels - but we
are excused because of the huge increase of commits ;-)

> I can't wait to get working!
>
> Regards,
> Paul

Well - we are not a team to say no to such motivated help ;-)

Cheers

Beatrice Düring
  - the non techie management stuff woman ;-)

Beatrice Düring			Change Maker
Tel: 031- 7750940		Järntorget 3
Mobil: 0734- 22 89 06		413 04 Göteborg
E-post: bea at changemaker.nu	www.changemaker.nu

 	"Alla dessa måsten och alldaglighet.
 	Allt detta som binder vår verklighet
 	i bojor av skam och rep utav tvång.
 	Alla dessa kedjor som binder vår sång.
 	Jag skall slita dem alla i små, små stycken
 	och möjligtvis av resterna göra mig smycken."
 							- hemlig