[pypy-dev] release planning meeting on Monday

holger krekel hpk at trillke.net
Sat Oct 29 10:00:35 CEST 2005

Hi Carl Friedrich, hi all,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 22:40 +0200, Carl Friedrich Bolz wrote:
> On todays pypy-sync meeting (minutes at
> http://codespeak.net/pypy/extradoc/minute/pypy-sync-10-27-2005.txt) it
> was decided that we would try to make a release on friday next week. To
> plan the release work there will be a release planning meeting:
>
> Time: Monday 31th October 2005, 2pm-3pm (GMT + 2)
> Location: #pypy

I think there is some dayling saving time switching going on,
in Europe at least.  So is the meeting actually going to
be 2pm GMT+1 or 2pm GMT+2?  I guess it's going to be GMT+1, right?

> Samuele will moderate the meeting and send out the agenda on Sunday. The
> plan is that there should be a release branch tomorrow, Samuele will run
> the compliancy test over the weekend and we decide what needs to be done
> on Monday.

ok, i still think that we need some clear objectives to be
stated on pypy-dev for 0.8.0: properly integrated and reasonably
fixed _and documented_ compiler package and more speed, as far
as i see. Also the "thunk" object space, allowing for
transparent "object morphing" and lazily computed objects will
become translateable which basically presents the first thing
that PyPy does that you can't do in CPython as transparently.
Please correct/amend me if neccessary.

If we are really pushing out 0.8.0 this fast, i suggest that
we at least not put _any_ more features into the release goal
set.  This has been the general opinion of the pypy-sync meeting
but i think it makes sense to state it here as well.  And let's
not worry about speed too much (hi martijn! :).

cheers,

    holger