[pypy-dev] playing with fast-forward

Gary Robinson garyrob at me.com
Mon Dec 20 20:42:21 CET 2010

Many thanks for this detailed help. Since I hadn't used Mercurial before, the notes about Mercurial were particularly helpful.

I did some testing on fast-forward, and it looks like even now, it basically has what I need for serious use. multiprocessing.Pool.imap_unordered() is the method I tend to use all the time for spreading a task across processors, and it works. (At least it has so far in my testing.) And of course 64-bit was implemented a couple of months ago, which I need because of the size of the data structures I often use.

So this is really great news.

The main thing I'm looking for now is SciPy support, but I know that's a ways off, and I can do a lot without it.

Thanks again to everyone for the great work.

--

Gary Robinson
CTO
personal email: garyrob at me.com