[pypy-dev] Build pypy 1.6 on Windows XP with MinGW: can't find ffi.h

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:04:45 CEST 2011

2011/8/19 Caleb Hattingh <caleb.hattingh at gmail.com>

> On 19 August 2011 14:48, Caleb Hattingh <caleb.hattingh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have tried placing ffi.h (and ffi_common.h and ffitarget.h) in
> > various strategic places, but to no avail.
>
> It seems this particular problem (libffi for mingw) was discussed in
> IRC by Varriount:
>
> http://www.tismer.com/pypy/irc-logs/pypy/pypy.2011-07-21.log.html
>
> Unfortunately, the chat logs shed no light.

I had the same issue with a machine where libffi-dev is not available.

The first fix is to modify pypy/jit/metainterp/optimizeopt/fficall.py
and move the line "from pypy.rlib.libffi import Func" shortly before
the place where "Func" is used.

Then, I don't remember whether the options "--withoutmod-_ffi
--withoutmod-_rawffi"
were necessary. These modules (i.e ctypes)  won't be available anyway.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc