[pypy-dev] Build pypy 1.6 on Windows XP with MinGW: can't find ffi.h

Caleb Hattingh caleb.hattingh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:16:13 CEST 2011

On 19 August 2011 16:04, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc <amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/8/19 Caleb Hattingh <caleb.hattingh at gmail.com>
> I had the same issue with a machine where libffi-dev is not available.
> The first fix is to modify pypy/jit/metainterp/optimizeopt/fficall.py
> and move the line "from pypy.rlib.libffi import Func" shortly before
> the place where "Func" is used.

Thanks very much for your reply.  I have put lots of copies of
[libffi.a, libffi-5.a], [libffi.dll.a, libffi-5.dll.a] and
libffi-5.dll in a bunch of places, and it now appears that I get past
the JIT stage (where [] refers to the same file but copied with a
different name).  The build is still running, 1.3GB and counting.

So it appears that one of them has the right name in the right
location.  I will backtrack to see which of the combinations was
correct.

Best way to contribute to the documentation for building pypy on
Windows using Mingw?

regards
Caleb