[pypy-dev] from the psf board public mailing list.

Laura Creighton lac at openend.se
Wed Aug 24 11:14:21 CEST 2011

My comments follow.

------- Forwarded Message

Delivery-Date: Wed Aug 24 10:58:13 2011

Steve Holden wrote:
> Guido forward this to me, but I think it should be developers getting involved.

> Anyway, does anyone on this list have any strong feelings about applying for
> funding? I am not sure security is Python's forte, but many people are doing
> things with it that I am unaware of.
>
> regards
> Steve

> Begin forwarded message:

>> *From: *Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org <mailto:guido at python.org>>
>> *Date: *August 23, 2011 4:31:53 PM PDT
>> *To: *"Steve Holden, Chairman, PSF" <chairman at python.org =

>> <mailto:chairman at python.org>>
>> *Subject: **Fwd: Get funding for your OSS project from Rapid7*
>>
>> FYI. I don't know who this is, and he doesn't seem to know me either. :-)

s in

>> Q1 2012.
>>
>> __ __
>>
>> To nominate Python for Magnificent7 funding consideration, please visit the
>> Rapid7 Community website for details (http://r-7.co/qjE3WG) and guidelines
and
>> email the submission to oss at rapid7.com <mailto:oss at rapid7.com>. Also see our
>> press release on the subject (http://r-7.co/n0bVFG). All first round
>> submissions are due by September 9, 2011.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Chris
>> Christian Kirsch
>>
>> Product Marketing Manager

<I chopped a zillion footers here.  lac>

------- End of Forwarded Message

The United Security Conference is  Sept 19 and 20 in San Francisco.
http://www.net-security.org/conference.php?id=445  Sept 9 is very
close for having a proposal ready, and then somebody would have
to go to SF.  On the other hand, the sandboxing in PyPy is
definitely innovative, and if they are just announcing their
contest now, there may not _be_ many other people competing for
the money.  Of course we would have to find out something to do
with sandboxing.

Laura