[pypy-dev] from the psf board public mailing list.

Massa, Harald Armin chef at ghum.de
Wed Aug 24 11:29:41 CEST 2011

> The United Security Conference is  Sept 19 and 20 in San Francisco.
> http://www.net-security.org/conference.php?id=445  Sept 9 is very
> close for having a proposal ready, and then somebody would have
> to go to SF.  On the other hand, the sandboxing in PyPy is
> definitely innovative, and if they are just announcing their
> contest now, there may not _be_ many other people competing for
> the money.  Of course we would have to find out something to do
> with sandboxing.

I can contribute ideas for things to do with sandboxing:

- expose an analyzing framework ("matlab style") to the web, pypy the bling
out of some big data (some genome or whatever): Buzzword bonus "big data",
"analyzing framework", and "genome"

- package the sandboxing as an PostgreSQL trusted language (as in
plPyPySandbox), giving the possibility to write database procedures in
Python without the chance to harm something)
Buzzword bonus "database"

- prove the concept of an scalable sandboxed application hosting in the
cloud. That sandboxed application hosting is something relevant could be
confirmed by Wesley.
Buzzword bonus: "scalable", "application hosting", "the cloud"

Harald
--
GHUM GmbH
Harald Armin Massa