[pypy-dev] Trouble building pypy

Jay Parlar parlar at gmail.com
Sat May 14 22:20:55 CEST 2011

I've been trying on-and-off to build PyPy for a few days now, and keep
running into various issues. I was hoping someone on the list could
give me some pointers as to what I'm doing wrong.

I'm working on an i7 iMac, latest Snow Leopard with 12GB of RAM. I
used the official 1.5 release to try to build revision 2650f0a670c0. I
ran the command 'pypy translate.py --opt=jit targetpypystandalone.py'
to start the build. A few times near the beginning the pypy process
would fail and I'd get the OS X crash reporter dialog ("pypy quit
unexpectedly), but the whole translation process continued on.

I put the final part of the terminal output at https://gist.github.com/972588

Any help would be much appreciated. I bought the extra RAM
specifically to try to make building PyPy a feasible process :)

Jay P.