[pypy-dev] PyPy 1.6 not working on Windows XP

Alex Pyattaev alex.pyattaev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:23:15 CEST 2011

Generally, any binary-level debugger such as gdb or MSVC should work with
pypy. At the very least you will find which operation crashed.

If it is something really specific, for example
sin/log/sign, it might be quite easy to map it back to python code. If it is
not, it will be nearly impossible to find the original source line (at least
I've failed when I tried).

Another option is to edit the sources of the test suite adding print
statements incrementally until you spot the place where it crashes. It is a
slow, but very reliable way. That is of course if it is a particular segment
of python code that crashes it.

Also, could you send your exact environtment specs? I'll try to replicate it
on a VM and see if it crashes for me too. I have an XP VM somewhere.

PS: Sorry for my stupid joke about switching to linux. It was meant to cheer
you up a bit.
Alex.