[pypy-dev] PyPy 1.6 not working on Windows XP

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:14:54 CEST 2011

2011/10/5 Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 08:22, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc <amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/10/5 Michael Foord <fuzzyman at gmail.com>:
>>> Well, in recent versions it gained the faulthandler module... :-)
>>>
>>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/faulthandler/
>>
>> Yes, and this was a *great* improvement!
>> I hope we will be able to adapt it to pypy.
>
> It may be early to start bringing this up, but I recently created an
> extension to catch crashes in C code and write minidumps:
> https://bitbucket.org/briancurtin/minidumper. It's 3.x only at the
> moment, although I'll be backporting within the next few days. I'll
> have a look at how/if it works on PyPy once I get there.

The code is quite simple, and should probably compile as is with pypy
(except for the PyModuleDef of course)
but it would be as simple to rewrite it in RPython.

btw there is a suspect thing in your code:
"app_name = pyname" will store the char* buffer into a static variable,
but nothing guarantees that the PyObject passed will stay alive!

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc