[pypy-dev] PyPy 1.6 not working on Windows XP

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 15:49:53 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 08:22, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc <amauryfa at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/5 Michael Foord <fuzzyman at gmail.com>:
>> Well, in recent versions it gained the faulthandler module... :-)
>>
>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/faulthandler/
>
> Yes, and this was a *great* improvement!
> I hope we will be able to adapt it to pypy.

It may be early to start bringing this up, but I recently created an
extension to catch crashes in C code and write minidumps:
https://bitbucket.org/briancurtin/minidumper. It's 3.x only at the
moment, although I'll be backporting within the next few days. I'll
have a look at how/if it works on PyPy once I get there.

(minidumper will likely be absorbed into faulthandler once it becomes
more complete, which is why I mention it)