[pypy-dev] PyPy 1.6 not working on Windows XP

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 18:51:55 CEST 2011

2011/10/5 Ram Rachum <ram at rachum.com>:
> Okay, I've spent a few hours print-debugging, and I think I've almost got
> it.
> The crash happens on a line:
>     st = os.stat(s)
> inside `os.path.isdir`, where `s` is a string 'C:\\Documents and
> Settings\\User\\My Documents\\Python Projects\\GarlicSim\\garlicsim\\src'
> This is a directory that happens not to exist, but of course this is not a
> good reason to crash.
> I have tried running `os.stat(s)` in the PyPy shell with that same `s`, but
> didn't get a crash there. I don't know why it's crashing in Nose but not in
> the shell.
>
> Does anyone have a clue?

it's possible that it's a RPython-level exception, or a bad handle because
too many files wait for the garbage collector to close them.

Can you give more information about the crash itself?
- What are the last lines printed in the console? Try to disable
"stdout capture" in Nose, by passing the -s option.
- after the pypy process has exited, type "echo %ERRORLEVEL%" in the
same console, to print the exit code
of the last process. Which number is it?

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc