[pypy-dev] strange error in urlunparse

Antonio Cuni anto.cuni at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 20:36:11 CEST 2011

On 05/10/11 16:30, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc wrote:
> 2011/10/5 Max Lavrenov<max.lavrenov at gmail.com>:
>> after ~500 successfull responses i am starting to get error on line "if
>> params"
>
> Looks like a JIT error to me, which has a default threshold of 1000 iterations.
> Can you try again with
>      pypy --jit threshold=-1
> to completely disable the JIT?

--jit threshold=-1 only disables the jit for loops, but it will still compile
functions.

To completely disable the jit you should use --jit off.

Max, could you please try again with --jit off?
Your problems reminds me of a bug that I encountered ~1 year ago:
UnboundLocalError which disappears if I print it.

I don't remember the details, but in that case it was a bug in the JIT.

ciao,
Anto