[pypy-dev] Contributing

Jez jezreel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:23:36 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am a college student interested in contributing to PyPy. I am not too sure
exactly what I would like to work on, but I would ultimately like to get
involved with the core JIT code, and I would prefer to work on improving the
generated code rather than working on tools like the jitviewer. I would be
grateful if you guys could point me to some good first bugs, and / or
suggest some projects that would be in line with my interests.

A little more on myself: I contributed to a fairly popular browser extension
called Vimium for about a year, and then I spent this summer hacking on
Firefox. All that ws mostly front-end work in Javascript, though I am pretty
decent at C++ as well. I'm hoping to do more low-level systems work now, and
learn some interesting theory in the process. Let me know how I might
participate!

Cheers,
Jez Ng