[pypy-dev] Maintaining an exhaustive list of supported and non-supported packages

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:50:54 CEST 2011

2011/10/24 Jonathan Livni <jonathan.livni at gmail.com>

> Would it be possible to maintain a user-generated exhaustive list of
> supported and non-supported packages?
> I believe this would help people considering the use of PyPy in their
> decision to try it out.
> For example - I'm working on a project with the following dependencies:
> Python 2.7, django (with sqlite), pytz, lxml, pywin32
> Sure, I'll get around to actually testing PyPy with these dependencies in a
> month or two, but if a supported vs. non-supported list would be available,
> that would get me going much faster.
> Also, I think such lists would motivate package maintainers to contribute
> to PyPy so that it would support their package, but that's just a guess.

There is already the "PyPy compatibility" wiki, where your input is welcome:
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/compatibility/wiki/Home

About the packages you mentioned: django and sqlite are known to work,
lxml does not work at the moment because it relies on too many unsupported C
API,
and I managed to make pywin32 work correctly, but only with a patch that I
haven't yet submitted to the pywin32 developers.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc