[pypy-dev] PyPy support for Python 3 -- request for comments

Yaacov Finkelman yeomanyaacov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 05:17:21 CEST 2011

Thank you all for your work on Pypy! I have learned so much reading about
the work that has been done on the project, and have enjoyed lurking on this
list.

According to my newbieish understanding of it, Pypy is a large RPython
program running in Python 2 that runs an interpreter for Python 2. This
project would allow the RPython program running in Python 2 to run an
interpreter for 3. Do I have this right? If so what are the prospects for
porting Pypy it self to run on 3?

I think if I were a large company interested in fronting this kind of money
I would want detailed information on how the money would be spent. How is it
that the Pypy team having access to this money will lead to an
implementation of Python 3?

Sorry for my newbieish questions, and thank you again.

Jacob