[pypy-dev] Tkinter-pypy not building on windows

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:55:24 CET 2012

2012/1/18 Arnaud F <pachalmars at gmail.com>

> Still no luck.
> I made sure that i am using the correct version of tcl/tk and tested the
> compilation of tkinter with python27 and it worked.
> With pypy, i still have to define WITH_THREAD (it's defined in pyconfig.h
> for python27 but not in pypy-1.7); I also had to modify the setup.py since
> i used tcl/tk 8.5 (and the libs do not have the dot in windows : tcl85 and
> tk85)
> Now I get missing libs error from the linker :
>
> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'X11.lib'
> LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'python27.lib'

Well, this is progress!

> if i try to remove X11 from the librairies in setup.py and add a path to
> python27.lib, i get a lot of unresolved external symbols

How comes that you need the X11 library? didn't you build a dll version of
tcl/tk? (tcl85.dll, tk85.dll)
Don't use the CPython python27.lib, you should use the one shipped with
pypy; it's possible that it is named libpypy.lib instead. Just rename it if
needed.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc