[pypy-dev] "import signal" fails when running PyPy interpreted

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:37:19 CET 2012

Hi,

2012/3/12 Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de>:
>> It's tersely documented in pypy/doc/coding_guide.rst.
>
> I read this a little closer now and it told me more or less what I expected
> when I skipped over it for the first time. It tells me that "PyPy can be
> debugged on top of CPython", which is (in friendly words) only true if you
> are prepared to fire it up before going to bed to get the results the next
> morning. I thought we had to 60's for that.

Did we tell you that cpyext was slow? :-)
In this case, I don't try to run unittest or doctest.
I write a simple script, and run py.py on it.

In my experience, the slowest parts of py.py are when it imports a large
cpyext extension module. But even "import lxml" takes less than
5 minutes, in a py.py running on top of a debug build of CPython.

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc