[pypy-dev] translating pypy benchmarks to C

Ghitulete Razvan razvan.ghitulete at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:48:44 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Maciej Fijalkowski <fijall at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> There is some support for threading in RPython, see rlib.rthread.
>
> RPython might not be your good buddy here. The executables built are
> rather large and the GC (at least on default settings) will not be
> that interesting for bare metal. What sort of parameters are you
> looking at?
>
> Also, using RPython is really tedious, you have been warned (it's *not*
> Python).

Well, I don't seem to have much of a choice as I basically need source code
out of python and not a binary. Also from what I see there is no translator
that successfully translates full Python code into C/C++. As for parameters
I don't care that much about the binary as I am not running in a resource
restricted environment. I am actually running the baremetal binary on a
x86_64 workstation.

--
Sincerely,
Razvan Ghitulete