[pypy-dev] cppyy and callbacks

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Fri Jan 24 21:41:07 CET 2014

Hi Wim,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 6:56 PM,  <wlavrijsen at lbl.gov> wrote:
> By default, there is memory tracking, auto-casting, overloading, template
> instantiation (with cling; partially with cint), etc. And if that is not
> desired, a Python layer can be written to do things differently. E.g. to
> select a specific overload, use the "__dispatch__" function.

So you're basically answering "no" :-)  As you're describing it, cppyy
is at the "ctypes" level of providing automatic everything and lots of
options and ways to work around them if they are not wanted.  CFFI is
at the opposite end of the spectrum on this respect.  But that is for
C.  I don't have enough practical knowledge of C++ to judge how viable
a "CPPFFI" would be.