[pypy-dev] pypy performance ramp up

Cheng Chen chengc0425 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 23:54:39 CEST 2015

Hey pypy-devs,

Thanks a lot for you amazing work for pypy!

I have a naive question regarding pypy's performance, I was doing some
performance testing with pypy, at first i was using a sample size of 9000,
our script was able to process this batch in 2.8 sec, which gives us a rate
of 3200/s, which we thought was somewhat slow. Then we changed to a sample
size of 1 million, the speed was as slow initially but soon ramped up and
stabilized at around 40k/s which is more than enough for us.

I am just curious what cause the performance ramp up, thanks a lot!

Cheng