[pypy-dev] Allegro64 buildslave disappeared

Matti Picus matti.picus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 22:51:31 CEST 2015

On 22/04/15 23:05, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-04-22 at 12:37 +0300, Matti Picus wrote:
>> I am willing to be the POC for the windows buildslave once a suitable
>> machine is located that can run it or can host a virtual machine that
>> can run it.
> Hi Matti,
>
> What are the requirements for the Windows build slave? I have a machine
> with >4G RAM and >20G disk running Windows 7 x86_64 that I use as a
> builder for my hobby projects. I can't provide direct root ssh access to
> it though, as it's in a firewalled environment, is that a problem?
>
> Another catch is that I'm not sure about the longterm future of this
> box, but I would expect at least ~4-6 months lifetime, and if it's going
> to be decommissioned, I'll try to find a replacement.

Thanks for the offer.
You can set up the buildslave yourself, no need to give anyone else
access to the box.
The buildslave would run as a process that would talk to the buildmaster
over a TCP socket, so being behind a firewall should not be a problem as
long as the port from the slave to the master is open.
We run nightly tests that can be scheduled to your convenience, they
requre about 7-8 hours of CPU time total. Some of the tests can be run
in parallel, two cores will run the tests in about 5 hours of wall-clock
time, YMMV.
You need to be able to build ppy, directions are here
http://doc.pypy.org/en/latest/windows.html
To set up a buildslave, read this
https://bitbucket.org/pypy/buildbot/src/default/README_BUILDSLAVE
and then come join us on IRC at #pypy so we can update the buildmaster
with your details
Matti