[pypy-dev] How to embed PyPy when there's no filesystem?

tom at twhanson.com tom at twhanson.com
Fri Apr 24 20:30:21 CEST 2015

I'm evaluating PyPy for use in an application where it will be running in an RTOS (Greenhills Integrity) which is congifured without a file system at runtime.  The rest of the application is C/C++.

Is there a way to build PyPy for this environment?  The issue I see is that pypy_setup_home()requires a file system path to an executable / .so library.

Is it possible to statically link PyPy into the application and the give an equivalent to pypy_setup_home()  a pointer to the linked code?  Some other approach?

Thanks
Tom