[pypy-dev] Visual Studio 2015 build strange behavior

Sergey Kurdakov sergey.forum at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 07:57:45 EDT 2017

Hi,

I managed to build pypy with visual studio 2015 ( win32 build on window
10/64 )
with both python and by pypy itself
but I have one strange behavior
it manifest in a first steps using new pypy by running pip

pypy-c -mpip install -U wheel

and an error reads

  Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None)) after
connection broken by
'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection
object at 0x042cd170>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 10035]
A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately',)':
/simple/whe

exactly error is: [Errno 10035] A non-blocking socket operation could not
be completed immediately'

( the same error [Errno 10035] A non-blocking socket operation could not be
completed immediately', also appears if I try to use PyMySQL driver to
connect to mysql , so this is not that something happened to pip repository)

the reason I built with Visual Studio 2015 was that stock pypy for windows
would crash on my projects - and I have visual studio 2015.
the build I obtained also seems somewhat more stable to my eyes, so it
worth the try.

but now I have seemingly more stable pypy, but at the same time that
network error, any hints what might be involved here and how to debug?

Regards
Sergey