[pypy-dev] Support for OS X arm64

Armin Rigo armin.rigo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 02:02:38 EST 2020

Hi Janusz,

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 at 16:51, Janusz Marecki <janusz.marecki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi PyPy dev team -- Are there any plans for adding native support for the newly released OSX arm64 (M1) platform?

We can make such plans provided we get some support.  It requires some
work because we need to adapt the JIT (we support arm64 but of course
OS X comes with its own calling convention and likely other
differences).

So far, two people in our group might each be willing, on some
condition.  My conditions are getting ssh access and a small-ish
bounty of $3000. Fijal said "I think if someone sends me an arm64 OS X
laptop, I'm willing to do it too", which may or may not be a cheaper
option.  In both cases, we need a machine to add to our buildbots; one
solution would be to buy us an additional Mac Mini; another would be
to guarantee 24/7 ssh access for the foreseeable future (i.e. not
dropping out after 3 months, like occurred too often with our Mac
buildbots).