[py-dev] from dist to trunk / release TODO

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Sun Jan 14 22:24:16 CET 2007

Hi folks,

ahead of the release i'd like to move development works to
http://codespeak.net/svn/py/trunk and have svn/py/dist carry
stable snapshots or maybe only the last released version.
I probably implement that policy tomorrow or so and will
likely dis-allow commits to dist/ at the same time
to avoid random commits still going there.

moreover, you may want to have a look at the evolving

    http://codespeak.net/svn/py/dist/py/doc/TODO.txt

file which lists a number of intended changes for 0.9,
particularly regarding namespaces ... in Switzerland/Leysin
(where some of us sprinted on py lib release topics)
we decided to be avoid exposing 'alpha' API
because we don't want to impose a support burden
for already-known-to-change code.  E.g. 'py.log' is going
to become 'py._log'.  I hope that this doesn't cause too
much pain to the current usages of the py lib.

Oh, and if you'd like to comment, add or work on the TODO file,
you are most welcome!

best & greetings,

    holger