[py-dev] from dist to trunk / release TODO

holger krekel holger at merlinux.de
Fri Jan 26 19:25:45 CET 2007

Hi again,

so we have switched to use

    https://codespeak.net/svn/py/trunk

for development.  Now /svn/py/dist is meant to contain
stable snapshosts before and after the release.
Speaking of which:  Guido, Maciej and me are still cleaning
up option/configuration handling, ad-hoc distributed
testing and bringing the API documentation generator
to release-state.  Release still drags on a bit, thus.

best,

holger

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007 at 22:24 +0100, holger krekel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> ahead of the release i'd like to move development works to
> http://codespeak.net/svn/py/trunk and have svn/py/dist carry
> stable snapshots or maybe only the last released version.
> I probably implement that policy tomorrow or so and will
> likely dis-allow commits to dist/ at the same time
> to avoid random commits still going there.
>
> moreover, you may want to have a look at the evolving
>
>     http://codespeak.net/svn/py/dist/py/doc/TODO.txt
>
> file which lists a number of intended changes for 0.9,
> particularly regarding namespaces ... in Switzerland/Leysin
> (where some of us sprinted on py lib release topics)
> we decided to be avoid exposing 'alpha' API
> because we don't want to impose a support burden
> for already-known-to-change code.  E.g. 'py.log' is going
> to become 'py._log'.  I hope that this doesn't cause too
> much pain to the current usages of the py lib.
>
> Oh, and if you'd like to comment, add or work on the TODO file,
> you are most welcome!
>
> best & greetings,
>
>     holger

merlinux GmbH       Steinbergstr. 42    31139 Hildesheim
http://merlinux.de  tel +49 5121 20800 75 (fax 77)