[py-dev] unittest docstring behavior in py.test?

Jim Vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Thu Mar 27 15:38:17 CET 2008

Hello all,

I'm a recent convert to py.test (from unittest).  I like py.test, and
wish to thanks its developers.

One feature I like about unittest is its ability to optionally echo each
test docstring (if provided) as it runs.  I used this feature to make a
simple statement about a behavior of the component being tested.  This
proved useful for requirements validation since at the conclusion of a
test run, I had a set of statements about the behaviors of the
components being tested.  Is there some comparable capability with
py.test?  If not, is there some alternate approach to achieve this
(namely, a set of statements about the behaviors of tested components)?

Thanks for your feedback.

-- jv