[py-dev] py.path.local no longer iterable?

William McVey wam at cisco.com
Tue Mar 2 17:46:20 CET 2010

So, I've been running py-1.0.2 for quite a while. I'm now trying to
upgrade my code to use the current py library (1.2.1) and standalone
execnet. I'm curious whether the removal of the iterator functionality
on os.path.local() objects was intentional. I read through the
changelog, and didn't see anything other than:

1.0.2 -> 1.1.0
* simplified internal localpath implementation

To me though, I would have expected the API to stay consistent though.

  -- William

P.S. Perhaps I missed it, but Py lib's website doesn't seem to give a
link to a public code repository for the Py lib. I eventually found it
(I think) under Holger's bitbucket account.