nicoddemus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 00:45:52 CEST 2015
I also think we should release 2.8 directly.
There are a couple of issues/PRs that should go into 2.8, IMO:
- Merge pytest-cache into core (
https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/828); I think Ronny is working on
- Release pytest-xdist 1.13, so we can merge "non-zero exit code if no
tests are collected" (https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/817); I
think Ronny is about to release 1.13;
Actually, merge all PRs that are pending would be a good target, as they
all seem like good additions to a new major release.
I think Holger also said before that he would like to vendor pluggy into
pytest before releasing 2.8 thought. Is there anything here that we can do
How should we proceed? Perhaps it would be good to set a ballpark date for
2.8, say two/three weeks from now? This will be probably enough time to dig
into the issue tracker for critical bugs and to round up the remaining PRs.
On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 6:55 PM Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> wrote:
> We've been talking about doing a release since somewhen before
> EuroPython and there's still no release with Python 3.5 support out
> yet ;)
> What's missing for a 2.7.3, and what for 2.8.0? Does it make sense to
> release 2.7.3, or should we go for 2.8.0 directly?
> Looking at the changelog, 2.8 has some bugfixes as well (I'm guilty on
> that one), so I wonder if we should just release that directly (and
> Either way, both have features/fixes I'm eagerly waiting for, and
> enough changes to warrant a release IMHO.
> http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
> GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
> I love long mails! | http://email.is-not-s.ms/
> pytest-dev mailing list
> pytest-dev at python.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pytest-dev