[pytest-dev] RFC: pytest sprint indiegogo page (draft)
me at the-compiler.org
Wed Feb 3 11:32:00 EST 2016
* holger krekel <holger at merlinux.eu> [2016-02-03 16:23:30 +0000]:
> Also i think we should put a banner on all pytest.org pages, what do you
> think? Anything else?
Brainstorming some ideas (I'm not sure all of those are good):
- Sending a mail to python-announce (it says "announcements related to
the Python programming language", not just releases, after all).
- Same as above, for testing-in-python
- Putting it into the #pylib topic
- Maybe explicitly writing a mail to some companies using pytest
extensively? Even more so if they have some kind of opensource
advocate person, or person active in our communities
(Mozilla/davehunt comes to mind, I'm sure there are more)
- Mentioning it as a "PS:" for our next release annoucement (might be
a less agressive version of #1/#2)
- Mentioning it prominently in the README (i.e. GitHub and/or PyPI)
- Talking to Nadia Eghbal who was writing those awesome opensource
funding articles on Medium.
- Talking to the PSF which seems to have some budget for sprints
http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
I love long mails! | http://email.is-not-s.ms/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the pytest-dev