[pytest-dev] Google Summer Of Code

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Feb 10 07:59:42 EST 2016

Hey,

I was asked by qutebrowser users if I want to participate as an
organization for Google's Summer Of Code - while I don't think it
makes sense for a "smaller" project like qutebrowser, I think it'd
make a lot of sense for pytest!

The idea of GSoC is that opensource projects apply for it, then
students apply to a given project, then contribute a significant
amount of work (being mentored by project members) and in exchange get
a stipend (~USD 5000) from Google.

Applications are open until Feburary 19th (Friday in a week...) - what
about trying with pytest?

What we'd need are two (or more) administrative organisators (I'd
volunteer) and mentors.

The PSF is also available as an umbrella organization:
https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2016

What do you think?

Florian